"Promoting and supporting organic practices in our communities through education, certification and standardization."
- To foster and promote the practice of organic land care
- To provide opportunities for education in all aspects of organic land care.
- To establish and promote guidelines, standards and specifications for all aspects of organic land care.
- To establish procedures for certification of organic land care practitioners
- To establish and develop a means for the exchange of information and ideas between the public and the organic land care industry.
What is Organic Land Care?
Organic Land Care is the design, installation and maintenance of landscapes to promote and preserve environmental health both above and below ground.
These practices arise from the understanding that all organisms in nature are interdependent, and in order to enjoy healthy plants we must foster the health of the entire ecosystem.
Organic Land Care practices go beyond integrated pest management, beyond the use of so-called organic fertilizers and pesticides. They acknowledge the concept of intrinsic health, and seek to create environments that cater to the well-being of all their inhabitants.
Organic Land Care practitioners know that they are but stewards of the land, and can at best hope to work WITH nature, never to dominate it.