What does certification entail?
Individuals who wish to become certified by SOUL must fulfill these requirements. Please click on the links for more details.
- Providing proof of acceptable education in each of the following areas
- Organic soil management, including composting
- Organic landscape design, construction and maintenance
- Plant knowledge
- Site analysis
- Passing a written examination
(result: Transitional Status)
- Signing an affidavit that they will provide Organic Land Care according to the most current edition of the SOUL Organic Land Care Standard to clients who request Organic Land Care Services
- Providing proof of at least 2 years professional experience in organic horticulture
- Applying for certification
(result: Full Certification)
These steps are outlined in greater detail in the Certification Package.
Certification is valid for 3 years.