SOUL is seeking a part-time Executive Director. Reporting to the board of directors, the successful candidate will be an innovative, driven individual with strong leadership skills and experience with not-for-profit governance that will help take SOUL to the next level. Other qualifications should include securing funding, project management, and knowledge of the Organic Land Care Standards.
This is a work from home position with a flexible schedule, some evening and weekend work may be required.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Funding applications and contractual follow-up
- Budget preparation and reporting
- Developing outlines for connections and agreements with various groups
- Creating educational opportunities or responding to requests for training
- Developing educational and training programs for participants and for trainers,
- Ensuring that the accreditation program(s) is(are) sound, that confidentiality is maintained, and that evaluation is geared to suitable levels of expertise
- Undertake and/or evaluate research in related topics, for dissemination through SOUL channels or website or other documentation
- Directing hired/contract staff as required in their work responsibilities
- Providing leadership and liaison between staff and Board
- Acting as the front person for the organization, or assisting Board and other Members in their activities as they represent the organization, on behalf of the Board
- Participation in regular Board of Directors meetings.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by September 30 to firstname.lastname@example.org.